Call or Text: 480-363-2898

Common Questions About Roof Replacement
and Roof Repairs
in Chandler & Gilbert Arizona

Common Questions About Roof Replacement & Repairs

Click below to find answers to common questions about roof repair and replacement in Chandler, AZ

Most roofs older than fifteen years need a roof replacement. This is generally the life span for most roofs in Arizona.

Other signs that show that a roof needs replacement include dry rotted wood at the eaves, rows of tiles that have slipped, drywall and ceilings that have stains and show signs of leakage.

Additionally, when I come to inspect homes I pull tiles to inspect the underlayment and determine the condition. Once the underlayment has deteriorated to a certain point then full replacement is recommended. 

Most roofing repairs will be in the \$800 – \$4000 range. Any roof with more than $4000 worth of damage likely will need a full replacement.

Read our article that discusses the cost of roof replacements and repairs here.

Most roofs will last 10-20 years, but the average is about 18  years. The longevity of a roof will depend on the quality of materials used.  

Most roof replacements can be completed in about 4-5 business days. The total number of days will vary a bit based on the size of the roof and the amount of repair needed.

The condition of the underlayment (the material beneath the shingles) will determine if a full replacement is needed. Once the underlayment has been significantly deteriorated then replacement is indicated.

Any roof over 15 years old will likely need to be replaced. 

Insurance does not cover repairs or roof replacement due to age. 

There may be some insurance coverage due to things like hail damage or wind damage.

 

Roof repairs are indicated when there is an isolated issue with a roof, but the roof is less than 12 years old and is in generally good condition.

You should always choose a contractor that is licensed, bonded and insured. You can look up a contractor on the Register of Contractors (ROC) which issues contractor numbers to make sure that they have the proper licensing.

Different materials come with different warranties. Warranties can range from 5 years, 20 years, 50 years, and there are even some materials with lifetime warranties.

The longer the warranty of the material the higher the cost will be.

When choosing which material is best for your situation you should consider how long you plan to be in your home. If you plan to move within the next 5 years then choosing the highest cost material with a lifetime warranty may not be your best option.

After my inspection I always present multiple options for materials with different price points and let you decide which material is the most appropriate for your home.

To get an estimate for a roof repair or replacement, give me a call or text message.  After I ask a few questions I can usually give you a general idea of how much your project will cost.

I’ll schedule a time to come inspect the roof personally to give you a more precise estimate. During the inspection I pull tiles in several spots, inspect the condition of the underlayment, look for signs of rotted wood at the eaves, and any other signs of damage.

Once I’ve gathered the information needed I’ll discuss with you what your roof needs, the different options you have for materials, and cost for each option.

I’ll answer any questions you have and make sure you have all the information you need to make a decision.

If you decide to move forward with your project with White Leaf Roofing we will get you scheduled for your project. Most roofing projects will take between 4-5 days to complete.

We service nearly all types of roofs found in residential homes in Arizona. 60% of residential roofs in Arizona are tile roofs, and the other 40% are usually flat or shingle roofs. 

The only type of roof we don’t service is metal roofs, which are pretty uncommon in Arizona.

Our service area includes:

  • Chandler, AZ
  • Gilbert, AZ
  • Sun Lakes, AZ
  • Gold Canyon, AZ

If you live just outside of these areas we may still be able to work on your project. Call or text 480-363-2898 for more information.

We have third-party financing available for those who qualify. The rates and payment options will vary based on the individual’s credit score. 

 

If you have solar panels and need a roof replacement or repair we can help!

We work with a solar panel contractor who will remove all panels prior to us starting the roofing project, and once we are done he will return to reinstall all the panels as well.

We will take care of all the details from start to finish.